Sunday, November 18, 2012

Noel - A Vintage Holiday Market


This weekend, I had the utmost pleasure of being
invited as a vendor to Noel - A Vintage Market by Sandy Bryan of
The Olive and Rose.  Her shows have been seen in
Romantic Homes Magazine and Flea Market Style. 
She puts on an amazing Mes Amis series that 
I was blessed to do last summer with Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan. 

Sandy KNOWS how to put on a show.  Think Friday night and
it's raining outside, though inside is cozy and decked
out for the holidays inside Beatnik Studios, on 17th Street
in Sacramento.  Its' stunning exposed brick walls
made for a beautiful backdrop for all of the vintage
finds we brought.  I enjoyed talking with the owner, Lindsey,
about the sandblasting of the walls to prepare the 
studio for shows.  It's amazing. 


Here's the "Chicken Farmer" aka Alexis Koefoed of Soul Food 
Farm helping me offload the trailer.  I took my workshop
tables, a perfect "market" display piece, the excellent mix
 of aged and functional!  I was grateful for her help this weekend,
I couldn't have done it without her.  She contributed
some amazing European pieces.  

I brought Vintage by Nina and Vintage by Nina Christmas
books. The Christmas books sold out within 20 minutes!



 we really worked hard setting up...


Sandy made sure there were plenty of beverages on hand
and invited Mast Coffee Co. to come for all
the caffeine I could drink and delicious pastries to satisfy any hunger
throughout the market!  Saturday morning, Mast Coffee Co.
made the most amazing breakfast for me, a croissant with
Pancetta, egg, and goat cheese.  Delish.  Seriously.


and the live MUSIC.  WOW.  This is Derek Thomas.
He entertained us on Friday evening with his amazing
voice and style.  You can find him here.

photo taken from Facebook - Music by Derek
After doing a little research, I find he is a part of the group
Thomas & Plecker.  I thought he was familiar - I first
heard their live music in Folsom at a party at Not Too Shabby!


Sandy got an amazing rate at the Citizen's Hotel.

Seriously.  I love me some Joie de Vivre hotels.
Not sure what cities these are in, but every one
I've stayed at in San Francisco has been top notch.

The decor is stunning.  This is the Chicken Farmer
after we finished setting up the space and checked into 
the Citizen to get ready for the big night.

I'm so in trouble for this:

I assure you, it was a fast face plant 
because she was up in seconds getting ready.

This pic was taken about 3 minutes after we emerged
from the bathroom with my hot glue gun.
Can you say wardrobe malfunctions?  Yes,
that's with an s...BOTH of us!!
I now have an amazing Anthropologie dress
with hot glued straps.  Apparently they 
didn't realize that being a floozie was not a
planned part of my weekend!  




I made LOTS of new friends and was blessed by many of my 
Facebook fans, that really made my day!  Grateful for my life
and for the pleasure to be doing what I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment